Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ugly Sundays


The beast.... the Ugly Sunday.

I have a terrible habit of making no effort on myself on a Sunday. Take today for instance, I sit on the couch wearing an old t-shirt with house pants I wouldn't dare wear outside. My hair is in a terribly messy bun atop my head... in fact I don't think I've done it since getting out of bed. I have a niggling feeling of needing to clean the bedroom and bleach the bathroom. And the strong sense that I should do more than just sit on the couch and make something of my day.

It's because of Ugly Sundays that new diets are promised for Mondays, and goals are set for the week. For years I have fought the Ugly Sunday and yet find myself lounging with it every weekend.

(You win this weekend, Ugly Sunday. But watch out.)

Picture via Vi.sualize.us

1 comment:

  1. You're in good company. Goodness knows I've had my fair share of Ugly Sundays. :)

    ReplyDelete